Monday, January 17, 2011

Some Sweets to Share

I didn't participate in a Christmas Cookie exchange this year, and I feel like I need to share some treats so I would like to share with you my absolute favourite cookie recipes!


Ginger Snaps


This has become my number one favourite cookie to eat and give (partly because this is the cookie most often requested).



¾ cup butter 4 cups flour
¾ cup shortening 2 tspn. Baking soda
2 cups white sugar 2 tspn. Cinnamon
2 eggs 2 tspn. Ginger
½ cup molasses 2 tspn. Cloves

Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and molasses, then slowly add in flower and spices. Mix well. Cool in refrigerator about 1 hours. Roll into balls and dip in sugar. Do not press with a fork. Bake a t 350 for 10 min.

Oatmeal

I love a soft, chewy oatmeal cookie and this one fits the bill. Sometimes I try to convince myself that it counts as a breakfast food because of the oats... I'll keep trying!

¾ cup butter softened 1 cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 egg
2 tbspn. Water
2 tspn. vanilla

2/3 cup all purpose flour
3 cups Oatmeal
¾ tspn. Baking soda
1 tspn. Cinnamon
1 ½ cups raisins or chocolate chips (optional)

Beat the first 6 ingredients with mixer until creamy. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Drop dough by tablespoon onto greased baking sheets. Press flat for crispy cookies or leave mounded for chewy.
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden (check after 8 minutes).


Easy Peanut Butter Cookies


I am sure that there are better, more complicated cookie recipes but this one meets all my requirements: super peanut buttery, soft and chewy.


In a large bowl, beat together until smooth: 1 (300 ml) can Sweetened Condensed Milk, 3/4 cup Peanut Butter. Add 2 cups Tea Bisk and 1 tspn vanilla. Mix well. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten with fork. Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.



What is your favourite cookie recipe? Feel free to leave it in the comments, or leave a link to a post about your favourite recipe from your blog. I love to read your comments so please leave one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will reply in the comments section unless you leave me an email address and ask me to reply that way.