Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sewing for the Camera

Photo credit: Birdful Stitches (used with permission)

My great friend and personal webdesigner, photographer and parenting mentor Stephanie suggested that I make her a few padded camera lens bags using a pattern from the etsy shop Birdful Stitches and I happily obliged. During our last playdate she picked out her fabric and then I set out sewing last night.

The first Lens Luggage case that I made for Steph - more are on the way!


This was super quick and a fun sew. The pattern was great, clear and illustrated with lots of photos. I highly recommend it for anyone with a DSLR (Birdful Stitches also has camera strap patterns as well as case patterns for e-readers such as the KOBO or Kindle).


Are you a photographer in need of a lens case? I don't think that I will be adding these to the readymade section of beebee buttercup but I would be more than happy to make up a few at a fair price for any photographers that are unable to do so for themselves. Just send me an email (bonnie@bumpsandbuttercups.com). (If you can sew, just click on the link above to go to Birdful Stitches to get your own PDF).

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, Ahhhh!! I love it!

    Thank you Bonnie! I guess I should go out and add to my lens collection so you can make me some more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, and go ahead - buy away. I had fun making it. We can pick new fabric for the next one (or use the same). Same pattern, different colours? You could have a whole garden collection!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will reply in the comments section unless you leave me an email address and ask me to reply that way.