Friday, March 11, 2011

Sweetpea is finally getting her quilt!

It nearly broke my heart when after Ladybug got her quilt Sweetpea looked up at me with those big doe eyes and said "Do I get a quilt too mama?" The answer was "OF COURSE YOU DO!" So the other night out to my local quilting store I went to find the perfect combination of orange, green and purple as per her request. This is going to be a super simple pattern because I don't want it to take 3 years to finish but I know that she is just going to love it.

All cut (actually it came precut from the store - even better for my schedule this week) and ready to go. This quilt has everything Sweetpea asked for, purple, green orange and flowers!
It just happens to be snowing something crazy outside today and I'm actually hoping for a bit of a crappy weekend so we can stay inside and I can get started on sewing this up!
While I was out I also found the perfect boarder/backing for this quilt that I posted about. When I showed my mom the fabric she got this funny look on her face and said "You know who's room this would look really good in right?" Uh hm.. Mom subtlety is not your strong suite!


What is up next for you? What will you be spending your weekend doing?

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I like the colours. As for me this weekend, well, nothing exciting here! Maybe some cleaning? :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew how to make a quilt. They are so beautiful!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stephanie - thanks I think its going to be really great. We will look at some ideas for Z next time we get together!
    @Ashlee - I was glad to have found your blog! Sewing is one of those things that has always brought me peace, and I just love snuggling under a cozy quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will reply in the comments section unless you leave me an email address and ask me to reply that way.